Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Girls = Cute, Papa = Stressed.






Last weekend, after not getting a break from the girls for a few weeks, Christine did what girls do in these situations. She went shopping. (Ella's side of the story went like this "Mama is really driving me crazy. She should head south and do some shopping with Aunt Jenny. Papa, where's Santa? I like my new shoes. Wanna play puppets?")

So I spent all day Sunday with the girls. When Christine called me on her way home and asked me how it went, I said there was one major breakdown and one minor breakdown. Ella or Cameron, she asked. Me, I said.

We had a fun day (except for my meltdowns). We went swimming and went to the park. Swimming was great and Ella is getting really brave. She swam on her own, jumped in on her own without holding my hands and put her head under water. Papa was proud. Cameron on the other hand is plain crazy. She doesn't seem to understand that she's in a pool and it was bit like wrangling a bull to hold on to her.

Later, when we went to the park down by the lake, Cameron just wanted to walk straight into the water. I had to hold her jacket or else she would have for sure. She got her shoes wet once but didn't get all the way in. While I was busy hanging on to Cameron, Ella got a double soaker. That's when I snapped. I picked her up and threw her in. I probably shouldn't have done that, but the weather wasn't too bad and I had warned her about getting her feet wet. Just kidding. I didn't throw her in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home