Tuesday, May 18, 2010

We're back.






I barely made though after a few recent close calls at family gatherings... I honestly thought I was going to get lynched.

Where to start? I guess I'll tell you what the girls have been up to. In a nutshell: eating, growing and sleeping. So same old same old really. Although they are a lot bigger and cuter (most of the time) than the last time I posted anything.

We went to Quebec to visit my family over Easter. We had a blast – the weather was unbelievable. The girls LOVED being in Wakefield. Ella spent most of her time outside. It was nuts. Normally, she requires some serious attention around here, but there? We barely saw her. She's obviously a wild woman of the woods. Her Grandad will be thrilled.

The girls were really happy to see everyone, and especially my Grand Maman (who's rocking it at 91 years young!).

We came back with about 14 pounds of chocolate and 62 cans of maple syrup. Things around here haven't been the same since. The girls got so hyper after eating the chocolate that we had to invest in a tranquilizer gun. I shot Ella in the leg one night before bed but she still ran up, grabbed the gun and shot me in the arm. We woke up in the morning and the gun was gone. I found Christine and Cameron asleep in the basement. Christine had a wicked kink in her neck and a dart in her butt. Kids. Bah.

The maple syrup is an investment. We're going to sell it in a decade and send the girls to Oxford. Yeehaw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home