Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Off to Ottawa






So after eating too much here, we took off on boxing day for Ottawa and my fam. Ella was pretty good about the 5 hour drive, only freaking out for about 45 minutes. I don't blame her. The drive is über-boring. To stop Ella from whining I let her drive through Kingston. She did really well and it gave Christine and I a chance to sleep. No tickets this time either which is good.

It was great to catch up with my family in Ottawa (they're all in Quebec actually). We spent boxing day in Wakefield with my Dad, Eva, Delilah, Michael and Michael's Mom Carolan (aka Grandma Shannon). Michael made killer lamb on the Big Green Egg and we opened prezzies and had a bit of wine. My Dad made Ella a great wooden rocking horse which I didnt take any pictures of. I will later - its very cool. Ella had a blast playing with her presents and Delilah's toys.

Then we went to my Mom and Alan's place for more terrific food and gifts. I love the holidays.

Ella now is walking very well and can run (especially when she has something she shouldnt in her hand like my wallet). She can say 'Hi' and 'Bye' and gives ALL her toys kisses. She also listens to people on the phone and once we take it back she shouts "Hi!". She still cant shovel the lane way which is pathetic. She better be able to mow the lawn this year or Im cutting off her allowance.

A special thanks to UK Coopers for the great gifts! Your havent been posted yet (I'm lame, I know).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Simon,
Thanks for the updates... ;)
Have a Happy Birthday tomorrow!
Catherine :)

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home