Sunday, August 31, 2008

Where to start?






It's been a while. I know because I was at the cottage for the first time in ages and ran into Christine's family (who remind me to get bloggin').

So I just got Ella to go to sleep for her nap an hour and much stress later. I wont bother candy coating anything on this blog, so I don't mind telling you all what an insane night we just had.

We drove to the Kirland's cottage yesterday and had a great afternoon and evening. I got to waterski – thanks to Mr. K – and it was great. I am now very sore. Anyway, Ella decided not to sleep at all and do nothing but wake up Christine all night. So we left the cottage at 5 am to come home.

Ahh, two year olds. Well, almost two.

Anyway, besides all that nonsense, it was great to be at the cottage and see everyone. There was some great news – Jason and Megan (Christine's Cuz) are engaged. Kudos to Jason for finally getting in gear. Can't wait for the big day.

Ella is changing at light speed these days. She seems to pick up a new word every 5 minutes. Christine is off work now and home with Ella so there lots of reading happening. I would list Ella's words, but I don't have 3 hours right now.

Ella also moved into her new bedroom and double bed! Yes, double. None of thes kids beds for Ella... oh, no. She usually ends up sleeping in about the space of one adult pillow right up at the headboard. Super cute.

We're down to the final few (three or so) weeks before Paco arrives. Very exciting times. We have the nursery (Ella's old room) ready for Paco – the colour scheme is green – so we're ready for a Paco or Pacette. Any bets? Leave a comment and you might win a massive chocolate bar like Andrew won for Jenny's baby pool. Or, I could be super sleep deprived and completely forget. Yeah, probably that.

Anyway - sorry for the drab post. As they say in Jolly Old England, Im knackered. Here are a few shots. No, Ella didnt break out in a green face rash, she's an alien now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Ouu, I'm glad you finally posted slacker! I will get things started with a call that the new bebe, she, will be born on your anniversary. For the hip say, sept 17, for a girl I know it's mothers day.' Coincidence? Possibly, if Christine has the baby that day.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home