Ships Ahoy!





We're back from a week on the East coast stuffing ourselves with seafood. My Dad was taking part in the Halifax Tall Ship festival so we went to cheer him on.
We rented an awesome little chalet in a small fishing village south of Halifax. It was close to a great beach (with the coldest water I think I've ever felt) and a local fishery. So whenever the sun peeked out for a few minutes we hopped in the SUV and bolted for the beach. Sometimes we got lucky, other times, not so much.
When we did hang out on the beach, Ella turned into some kind of insane little Jaques Cousteau. She somehow could spend a solid hour throwing sand into the ocean, shouting "Feed the lake Papa!". Then, she'd grab my hand and pull me into the frigid, head ache inducing water. Then I'd scream like a girl and drag her out. It was awesome.
The local fishery was fantastic though. We ate cod that was filleted in front of our eyes and lobster that was caught that day. I think our collective IQ went up about 12 points after the week. Mine now sits at 241. I smarter than all you!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home