Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Summer So Far






Since I've been so delinquent in blogging, I figured I'd better have a good excuse. Well, I don't. We've just been busy enjoying summer. I can't believe it's August 12th.

This summer Ella played soccer for the first time. It was the under 4 league every Saturday morning. The league was desperate for coaches and couldn't fine one until Christine guilted me into doing it. Marriage, bah.

It was a lot of fun, except for the times when Christine came and made me late. I HATE being late. The car rides to those games were pretty quiet. Anyhoo.

Ella loved it. She scored four hat tricks before getting red carded for holding hands and picking flowers with another girl on her team. The goals are a lie (she did score one though). The flower picking is true. It was funny to be on the field with these crazy little kids. Ella had fun though. In a few years, Cameron will be playing which will be cool because she's already awesome at kicking the ball around.

Many of you know Ella was sick for a few weeks recently. She had a weird thing called Henoch–Schönlein purpura. Crazy name, scary effects. She spent a few weeks laying low (sometimes not able to walk). She's now fully recovered though and we couldn't be hpapier.

Otherwise, Ella is as crazy as ever. She's starting to pick up on things we say, so we really have to be careful. She's also saying some really funny things. I can't think of one right now though. Sorry. I'll try better.

Cameron is hilarious. She's very different from Ella. Light-hearted, a joker and a goof all at once. She's hitting her terrible two's though, so she will often turn around, fold her arms, put her head down and say "NO!".

The girls are playing together a lot which is awesome. The make each laugh a lot, and cry a fair bit. Pretty soon Cameron will be able to say more than "Ella!" when she gets hurt and Ella will have to lay off her. But Cameron is no pushover. She is a tank. So sometimes Ella gets the short end of the stick.

We love those crazy girls though.

1 Comments:

Blogger J Roc said...

Thanks for the updates Simon!! Looks like you all had a great time on your trip!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home