Sunday, October 28, 2007

Lucky 13 Months

Ella turned 13 months old yesterday. She's a pro walker now, and runs sometimes too. Like for example if she grabs the TV remote, which shes not allowed to play with, or the phone, or a magazine... you get the point. As soon as we scold her, she turns and runs for it. Its pretty funny because A) I like her attitude ("Man, Im caught. I better run while I can"), and B) she cant run very well, so often she face-plants.

Daycare was an issue for all of us at first, but things are much better. Ella seems to really like it there and the other kids are good. Except Ben, who cries every time the doorbell rings. Or someone who is not his Mom walks in. Or when he sees someone who is not his Mom. Or if he's tired. Or hungry. Definitely when he sees me. But they're all good kids and none of them smoke, so thats a relief. And Ella isnt swearing yet either.

Ive been really busy with work, so Ive not had time to blog as much as I'd like to (todays excuse). So Im a bit out of the loop as to what we've done recently. But today we went to see J ROC and Mikes new kitchen (swanky). Ella chased their cat Tucker around until he'd had enough and hid in the basement. He's probably still there. Ella loved their stairs and was showing off by climbing them like a rock climber. On all fours, one step at a time, and she'd test each new step by banging it once with her hand before climbing it. I guess she doesnt trust their home builder.

Its hard to believe Ellas already in day care. It feels like 6 month ago that she was born. Well, I guess its like 'they' say – time flies when you dont know whats going on.

Here are a few videos of Ella. One is her doing some yard work. Its to bad I didnt catch the one of her mowing the lawn. That was impressive. Especially how she did while wearing my iPod and dancing to Cuban music as she did it. The other video is of her reaction when she hears Christine get home. Its not great cos I was on the phone, but you can see how disappointed she is that our alone time is ending.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home