Sunday, March 16, 2008

New Words and the Cactus




Ella now has a serious arsenal of words that she tosses around as if she's fluent in English. She still speaks about 98% Banana, but she picked up three new words in the last few days, which is pretty cool. She now says 'baby' (bay-bee is how she says it - she sounds a bit french), Mama, and Papa. She also says Bob (Baaah) and Ky (her boyfriend at daycare Kyler). Seriously, at this rate she'll know more words than me know in five-teen days. She smart.

And yes, I said boyfriend. But dont worry, I already had a talk with the little guy and he knows that it's strictly hands off or else I'll sick Cousin Andy and his team of crack lawyers on the little guy. He'll be spending his nights listening to Conrad Black crying if he's not careful.

I also have to say that there might not not be too many pictures of Ella on here for a while. Every time I try to take her picture, she instantly comes over to look at the shot on the back of the digital camera. So almost all the shots I took today are of her running towards me with her hands up about to grab the camera. They look kind of like paparrazi shots.

She's really growing up fast these days – Christine and I are sad to see her change so quickly. She understands more and more. She also understands not to grab our cactus, but instead to grab the dirt in the pot and throw it everywhere. Awesome. Anyone who has kids knows this: when they're making noise, all is good. It's when things go quiet that trouble is a-brewin.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there - this is Margie B., cousin of Kath K. I really enjoy looking at the videos and photos of Ella and hearing the stories about her. You are very funny i.e. I get you!
My kids are now almost 19 & almost 15 and reading about Ella brings back those early days which seem as if they happened yesterday! (Kids roll their eyes when I say this, but it's true.)
Thanks!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home