Soccer Monsters!




This is Ella's second summer in soccer. She started the year a bit slowly, but has picked up since.Game 1 = Ella refuses to play. Papa is mad and takes Ella home.
Game 2 = Ella plays and is awesome.
That basically sums up kids. You just never know what they're going to do.
Ella has 2 goals this year and is really loving it. She runs around like mad and on the hot days gets beet red and sweaty (very cute). Her team however, uh, (trying to be diplomatic here), suck. They've lost every game with an average score of about 15 – 2. But they are the NICEST team in the league, hands down.
When the ball ends up in a little cluster of girls, the only little legs that you can see tentatively kicking at the ball are not wearing orange. Our girls stand there nicely waiting for something happens. I have no idea what mind you. Maybe they hope a seagull will swoop down and grab the ball and carry it into the other teams goal.
I sort of wish I was still coaching. I'd make them do 2 a days, daily gym workouts and I'd make them drink red bull before the games. Watch this space for the next World Cup winning Women's soccer team, coached by yours truly. Or a lawsuit by another parent.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home