Swinging & Pedaling.





Suddenly this summer the girls have gotten good at stuff. Last year, Ella could only swing in the baby swings and only when being pushed. Ditto for Cameron.
This year, Ella can swing super high all by herself and Cameron is on the big kids swing. I also can swing on the big kid swing, but the other day almost passed out after deciding to try closing my eyes. Don't try that folks. Awful feeling.
Last summer Ella could barely ride her trike. This year she has a brand new big bike with training wheels (a gift of my Bro-in-Law Miguel) that she bombs around on. Cameron can almost keep up on her little trike. You can definitely see how having an older sibling pushes younger kids to grow up faster. It probably explains why I went to the Olympics in '84 age 13. For diving. Bronze. Thanks.
Every now and then, I look at the girls and wish I could freeze them just as they are. Kids are awesome, but watching them get older so fast, not so awesome.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home