Fromage Cottage





The lake we were on was really small, so almost every day we all hopped in the canoe and went for a paddle around the lake. The girls were bored after about 5 minutes, but luckily the lake had a pair of loons that would pop up near the canoe, keeping them entertained. Sadly, Cameron was toting a .22 and almost got one. I don't know where she got that gun, and frankly, I blame Christine for not knowing about it in the first place.
We spent some time in Wakefield which was fun. It's such a hippy community now that it's great to hang out in and people watch. However, if you go to a cafe and order a coffee, or something equally difficult to make (say, a bagel, toasted with peanut butter), you might well be waiting for 45 minutes. It's ok though, it forces you to slow down.
We had the great pleasure of seeing family all week, with two guests of honour in particular; my Uncle Peter and cousin Josie, who came all the way from England. Josie was a treat with the girls. Ella was SMITTEN and even sat on Josie as much as she could.
My Pops was always around and in supply of different types of boats. One day we went to a local lake and both Ella and Cameron tried the kayak my dad made. Brave girls I tell ya. They loved it and I taught Cameron how to do an eskimo roll. Thanks to my Pops for the encouragement (and unrivaled love of making things out of wood).
On our last night at the cottage, Christine and I went to my friend Jo's 40th birthday party. The girls got to sleep over with Delilah and Josie (and the rest of the Wakefield crew). They were so excited and had so much fun, that when we picked them up the next morning to drive back home, they were both asleep within about 8 minutes.
As summer wraps up, I think the girls had a really fun time. They spent a ton of time at the Kirkland's newly renovated Super Cottage 6000™, a week at this awesome cottage and lots of time at parks and pools.
We even went camping last weekend, but in the mad scramble to pack the camping equipment, I forgot my camera. I might do a blog post about it anyway, and use some hand drawn sketches to show me fending off the Grizzly bear family (well, not technically a family, but 4 large males I reckon), cut down a tree to make a canoe out of and light a campfire with only a pine cone and my glass eyeball. It was swell.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home