The Butterfly and the Princess


Halloween this year was a lot of fun. The girls really started to get it and were talking about their costumes for weeks, ok, months beforehand. The only problem was that they changed their minds constantly, right up until the night of.Ella wanted to be a mermaid (her new found fascination with Ariel from the Little Mermaid). And Cameron wanted to be a princess. So we managed to please 50%, which isn't bad really. Ella was happy with being a butterfly on every other day, but then would flip back to the mermaid idea. I think what it boiled down to was Christine not wanting the make a tail. Can't say I blame her. My suggestion was duct tape and some blue spray paint.
Last year I think we hit about 4 houses. This year, we made it around the corner and half way down the block. Our neighborhood has almost no kids, so each house we went to had someone desperately trying to ditch their candy.
The girls ended up with a ridiculous amount of candy after about 4 houses. In fact, there are still 2 bowls of candy on our fridge (but we're down to the crappy stuff – I stopped stealing stuff last week).
Also above is a shot of Cameron's drawing of me if I had a combover. Ugh.

1 Comments:
That's a great picture Cameron...lookin' good Simon;) ox
Post a Comment
<< Home