Friday, October 07, 2011

Ella hits Five







Ella turned 5 a few weeks ago and was more excited than any human being, ever. She was talking about her birthday party for probably 2 months. So when the day came, she was stoked. And we were massively under prepared. Ok, I was.

We organized the 2 hour party beforehand like this: 45 minutes for the kids to eat their pizza and cake. Then, we had 3 games for them to play that we guessed would take 45 minutes. Bingo, half an hour of free play and we survive.

Wrong.

Apparently, kids can find all my scavenger hunt items in 4 minutes. It was nuts. They swarmed the backyard and every 6 seconds a kid popped up in my face with a toy that I had hidden pretty well. We then blew through Pin the Tail on the Donkey and an Egg race in another 14 minutes. I thought of heading to the pub, but luckily my super-duper wife had some other games up her sleeve.

I still had to pull 2 kids out of a tree (they were standing above my head on branches the size of toothpicks – panic). But all in all, the party was great and Ella had a great time.

The shot of Ella holding an apple is because my Dad sent her an apple that grew on Ella's very own apple tree.

Happy 5th Birthday Ella-Bella!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home